There’s a new web phenomenon going on and it’s all to do with Pinterest. Over 15 million people have signed up for it’s virtual “pinboard” that lets you organize and share all the share-worthy things you find on the web.
Pinterest allows it’s members to use their pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, dress in cute new styles, learn arts and crafts, and cook their favorite recipes. The best part is, you can browse pinboards created by other people with similar interests.
Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and ideas. Pinterst is especially useful for graphic designers and web designers so they can get inspiration for their next project or site.
Here are a few things you can also find on Pinterst I found from TotalPinterst.com
1. Expert Advice – Pinterest is not just for amateurs. Many professionals have Pinterest boards you can follow for up to date trends and information.
2. Shopping Links – Any pin that has a price in the top left corner will also show on the Gift page for you to buy. You can also click through to the selling site from the pin.
3. Content for Presentations – when preparing a presentation, just enter your topic into Pinterest’s search bar to find a range of photos and links to related information.
4. Traffic – you can find out what content is being pinned from your website by going to http://pinterest.com/source/YourWebsiteAddress. This will help you see what is popular, and help you drive traffic more effectively.
5. Customers – Pinterest is a really effective way of generating traffic to your blog or website. Pinning from your own site enables people to click through. Make sure you have a ‘Follow Me On Pinterest’ badge on your website and blog so people can find you. It’s also a good way to show your brand.
6. A Job – Use Pinterest as a virtual resume. If your work is visual, such as photography, fashion, hair and beauty, or graphic design, pin pictures of work you have done and link them back to your own website (be aware of Pinterest’s limited copyright protection). If you are interviewing at a particular company, see if they have a Pinterest account that can give you useful insight. You can also find tips on job applications and interview techniques.
7. Professional Connections – Pinterest allows you to interact with people who have similar interests to you. It may have started as a social networking site, but it’s a great way to make business contacts too.